Monday 2 August 2010

Disgrace - J. M. Coetzee

I read the book a while ago, and watched the film based on the book over the weekend.

It's been too long since I read the book to compare them minutely, I need to read at least sections of the book again, but I think there's potential for comparing-and-contrasting. Maybe reading and working on a passage in the text and getting to know it quite well, then comparing it with the same scene in the film.

The film is not easy to watch. There are lots of grim scenes - graphic violence against both humans and animals, implied rape and explicit sex, sad bits involving animals... of course, these are likely to be the juiciest sections in both the book and the film, though they'll need to be handled carefully.

More on this when I've re-read at least parts of the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © A blog about a thesis
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com